The whole world is watching Japan and the daunting and terrifying threat of a nuclear meltdown. How radiation exposure can affect people varies widely and is based on many factors. Iodine is sometimes prescribed if levels are high and is being handed out in Japan currently.
Many people are wondering how their community will be affected by this radiation if it's carried by a jet stream near them. I have been searching the internet looking for some natural ways that you and your family can boost your protection from radiation if you are exposed. Here is what I found:
Why your diet can help:
"Diet and your body’s susceptibility to radiation are closely entwined. Radiation and pollutants destroy vitamins A, C, E, K several N vitamins, essential fatty acids, calcium and neuro-hormones. If your body lacks calcium. Potassium and other nutrients, it will more readily absorb the radioactive elements that are similar in structure to these nutrients." (safespaceprotection.com)
2. Vitamin A or beta carotene
3. Coenzyme Q10
4. Vitamin C + bioflavinoids and rutin
5. Vitamin E
8. Proanthocyanadins (Grape seed extract/Pycnogenol)
1. Chlorophyll-containing foods: barley grass and chlorella.
3. Fermented (Lactic acid) vegetables and juices
4. Cultured (fermented) milk products: yogurt, kefir, buttermilk, unprocessed cheese.
5. Cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, turnips, cabbage, spinach, cauliflower, and greens such as kale)
6. High-fiber foods: whole grains, fruits and vegetables
7. Foods containing a natural Vitamin A
8. Sesame seeds – raw, ground (tahini) or in capsules.
9. Sea vegetables and their products
10. Bee and flower pollen
11. Essential fatty acids, GLA and EPA aka salmon
*Information from SafeSpaceProtection.com. See full article here
"Information for this report was excerpted from Fighting Radiation and Chemical Pollutants with Foods, Herbs and Vitamins, by Steven Schecter, N.D., and Radiation Protection Manual, Lita Lee, Ph.D."