Recipe for Coconut Body Butter
6 ounces of coconut butter
2 ounce of virgin coconut oil
1 ounce of beeswax
a few drops of essential oil of your choice for scent (optional)
Heat the butter, wax, and coconut oil on low heat. Then, pour it carefully and blend well. You can now add the essential oil and blend once more. Once it is a creamy consistency, pour into a desired container, cover and allow to cool. It is best stored in the refrigerator since there are no preservatives and it can spoil quickly. (recipe adapted from ehow.com)
I recently tried Tropical Tradtions Virgin Coconut oil and was sent a lovely book called, "Virgin Coconut Oil." by Tropical Traditions. They have an excellent website, so check them out! I learned even more about the vast uses of this oil and wanted to share some more great facts with you~
Some Great Uses For Coconut Oil:
- Skin: Use it on a paper cut or as a moisturizer, Coconut oil helps relieve dry skin the natural way.
- Conditioners: Coconut oil is an excellent and natural hair conditioner. It is not only moisturizing but can get rid of dandruff.
- Teeth: When applied to teeth and gums, coconut oil will help to kill germs and normalize oral pH.
- Digestion: Coconut oil is an anti-oxidant while improving the absorption of calcium and magnesium. It's anti-bacterial properties help control parasites and fungi that cause digestion issues.
- Fitness: Coconut oil can stimulate your metabolism, and improve your energy levels.